Blue Beach Studios in French Oyster Pond - ID:160
Six charming studios at low rates at Residence Blue Beach in French Oyster Pond, a small community in a tropical setting with a communal huge swimming pool and sun deck. This gated community of some 25 Creole-style cottages is just 100 yards from Captain Oliver's Marina. Blue Beach Studios are well equipped one bed, one bath rentals, in high demand by the budget travelers of French St. Martin who look for a place off the beaten tourist track.
NOTICE: Due to damages caused from Hurricane Irma, presently only ONE BLUE BEACH STUDIO ON THE GROUND FLOOR is available for rent.
Six budget-friendly, neat and cozy studios at Residence Blue Beach in French Oyster Pond at footsteps from Captain Oliver's - Each sleeps 2-4 people
The Blue Beach Studios are six Creole-style bungalow units at Oyster Pond on the French side of St. Martin near the open border to Sint Maarten and Dawn Beach. The well kept studios are in high demand for the great value they offer at the same unbeatable low rates for many years ($58 / $63 per night per couple). The studios are located in the gated "Residence Blue Beach" at 100 yards from well known Captain Oliver's Marina in Oyster Pond. There are about 25 cottages in total at the Blue Beach, of which owner and manager Maryse rents out these six Blue Beach Studios. Three studios are on the upper floor with balcony and ocean view; three studios are on the ground floor with garden view.
Communal Facilities at The Blue Beach Residence
The Blue Beach bungalows are set amidst beautiful flowering gardens and palm trees and are secured by a gated entrance, restricted to tenants only. The highlight of communal facilities is the
- huge communal swimming pool in the center of Residence Blue Beach.
- The pool is surrounded by a large sun deck with a few lounge chairs for sunbathing
- An outdoor shower is right next to the pool
- The pool area offers wonderful views of the ocean, the new lighthouse tower of Oyster Bay Resort and Dawn Beach beyond.
- The community is gated and has private (gated) parking
Main Features of the Blue Beach Studios
All six Blue Beach Studios are nicely decorated, cozy and comfortable. They are affordable vacation rentals for any cost-conscious couple or a small family with one or two children. The size and amenities of all studios are the same. The views are different though, depending if it's a unit on the 2nd floor with a balcony (and ocean view), or on ground floor with a patio and garden view. Also the decoration and furnishing is different in each studio. All six units are one bed, one bath studios and are well equipped with lots of amenities:
- A King sized bed
- A sleeper loft/mezzanine (in 3 of the 6 studios)
- Satellite TV with French and a few US TV channels
- FREE WiFi Internet
- A dining area inside the studio and outside on the balcony/patio
- A kitchenette with basic cooking facilities:
fridge, microwave, cooktop, coffee maker, toaster, a variety of glasses, china, cutlery, cooking utensils etc.
- A private full bathroom with marble counter, a single sink, a large mirror, a toilet and a shower
- A private balcony (2nd floor units) or a garden patio (ground floor units) with dining table & chairs
- A BBQ on the balcony/patio
- Linens & towels are provided (bring your own beach towels)
- Cleaning on departure day included in rental fee
The studios on the 2nd floor offer wonderful views of the ocean across the pool area and Oyster Bay Resort, whereas the studios on the ground floor have lovely garden views.
Three units have an small open loft space/mezzanine to sleep 1-2 additional guests, preferably children. The mezzanine enters via a ladder next to the bed.
About your Host
French owner/manager Maryse will be your gracious and friendly host. She takes presently care of 5 studios at the Blue Beach, of which 2 units are her own and for 3 she handles reservations as manager. Some guests know Maryse from renting an apartment or a studio from her at her own villa, located at Coralita on the other hillside of Oyster Pond, about 3/4 mile from the Blue Beach. View more details: The Blue Apartment Coralita, the Yellow Apartment Coralita, and Chez Maryse Studio.
More about Location
The studios are situated in a Creole-style bungalow community in Oyster Pond near Captain Oliver's Marina. The complex is set amidst lush tropical landscape, perched on a small hill in the quiet Oyster Pond area, next to the nature reserve of "Babbit Point" and just 100 yards from Captain Oliver's Restaurant and the marina of Oyster Pond. This is a quiet, picturesque area between Dawn Beach and Coralita Beach/Baie Lucas and Oyster Pond inbetween.
- Captain Oliver's Marina
- At the marina, The Dinghy Dock" and "Iguana Bar" with their popular Happy Hours, as well as grocery stores, boutiques and boat excursions are within a couple of minutes walking distance.
- Several restaurants and grocery stores in French Oyster Pond can be reached on foot
- For gambling and entertainment at night, the casino of the Westin Resort is only a 5 minutes drive away.
- Coralita Beach is in walking distance from the studios (400 yards). This secluded beach will be perfect for you if you look for seclusion
Distances of some places to go at Oyster
- Captain Oliver's Restaurant & Marina: 100 yards
- Dinghy Dock (hang-out bar at Captain Oliver's): 100 yards
- L'Oasis (former La Fregate): 300 yards (family diner)
- BZH Creperie and a grocery store: 300 yards
- Coralita Beach: 400 yards
- Mama Pizza: 1/2 mile (delicious pizzas; also as take away)
- Dawn Beach & Mr. Busby's Beach Bar: 3 min. by car
- Dawn Beach & The Westin Resort & Casino: 5 min.
Distances to other areas of the island:
- Philipsburg: 15 min by car, for shopping & entertainment
- Orient Beach: 15 min by car, most popular beach
- Grand Case: 20 min by car, for fine dining
- Int'l Airport SXM: 30-45 min by car
|Start Date||End Date||Weekly Rate ($)||Nightly Rate ($)||Minimum Stay|
|16 Mar 2017||14 Dec 2017||406||58||5+ nights|
|15 Dec 2017||15 Mar 2018||441||63||7+ nights|
|16 Mar 2018||14 Dec 2018||401||58||7+ nights|