Daffodil Apartment, a cozy & peaceful place to unwind - ID:87
Newly built, cozy 1 bedroom 1 bath apartment located in a small, intimate, gated private residence in Oyster Pond with swimming pool. This location is in a very quiet, scenic neighborhood right between the Atlantic ocean, Captain Oliver's Marina and the Pond. Quiet, peaceful, very relaxing and gorgeous ocean views - off the tourists mainstream!
1 Bedroom 1 Bath 2nd floor unit at Oyster Pond, Private Balcony, Ocean View, Shared Pool - Sleeps 2-3
This very affordable 1 bedroom 1 bath vacation rental in St. Martin is located in a small privately owned complex of 3 attached townhouses in Oyster Pond on the East coast of French St. Martin. This residential area on the gentle hills between Oyster Pond, the marina and Coralita Beach is a quiet and scenic neighborhood. The Daffodil is near the open border to Dutch St. Maarten with the picturesque yacht harbor of Captain Oliver's Marina in walking distance, and Dawn Beach at a short drive away. Secluded Coralita Beach and a few local restaurants and grocery stores are in walking distance.
Very Quiet and Scenic Location
Daffodil's location is at footsteps from the nature reserve at the tip of the Oyster Pond peninsula, where short walks let you discover exceptional cactus and tropical plants. The views there are fabulous, a 360° panorama of Dawn Beach, Oyster Pond, the marina, St. Barth's island to the east; Coralita Bay, Cap Lucas, and Tintamare island to the north, and St. Martin's mountains inlands.
The Daffodil welcomes you in a tropical laid-back atmosphere for a quiet vacation off the tourists mainstream, yet only at a short drive from island attractions. The apartment is located in a peaceful, intimate, small Oyster Pond residence, is gated and very close to the Atlantic ocean with trade winds and a comfortable breeze year round. The Daffodil comes with a private balcony where you can enjoy the tropics with very fine views of the ocean, the northern coast of St. Martin and Tintamare Island.
- Daffodil is located on the 2nd floor and offers a private balcony overlooking the ocean and the communal pool area
- Dining/sitting area and a lounger on the balcony
- Charcoal BBQ on the terrace
- Fabulous frontal ocean views at this 2nd floor rental! Views include Coralita Bay, Baie Lucas, Tintamare Island
- Shared swimming pool and sun deck with loungers
- Gated & fenced-in/walled-in complex
- 1 private parking lot in front of the house, secured by a gate (parking space for 1 vehicle of small/regular size)
- Daffodil has a water cistern, very useful in times when city water is cut off!
- Coralita Beach is in walking distance (250 yards)
- Footsteps from nature reserve with a scenic hiking trail
- Captain Oliver's Restaurant & Marina: 200 yards away
- Oyster Pond restaurants & Grocery stores: 100-400 yards
Modern Open Living with High Ceiling, and a Fine Dining Room with Ocean View
Daffodil's living room is warm, friendly and very comfortable. The room is spacious, bright and airy with a fan in the high open white ceiling. The owners designed the interior in a cozy style, just like a home away from home, equipped with comfortable conveniences.
The layout of the main room has the kitchen and dining room to the front and the sitting area to the rear, thus you can hear the sound of the ocean and enjoy the fine view whilst dining inside. Large windows and a door open to the balcony and afford a full view of the ocean.
Highlighting Features Inside
- 1 bedroom with King size bed, 1 bathroom
- Air-Conditioning in the bedroom
- Living room w. flat screen TV with Satellite service, a few American TV channels are available
- DVD player on request
- Fan and sitting area with sleeper sofa in the living room
- Large closets and storage space
- A personal safe
- Modern, open well equipped Kitchen
- Beautiful dining room inside - with ocean view!
- Free WiFi Internet (bring your laptop/notebook/iPad)
If needed, the Daffodil has space to accommodate one or two additional guests (preferably children) on the sleeper sofa in the living room. Charges may apply.
The kitchen is custom-built and fully stocked with all one needs for preparing lunch and dinners.
- A full size refrigerator with freezer
- 2-burner ceramic glasstop stove; oven
- A microwave, coffee maker and toaster
- Complete set of china, glasses, crockery, cooking utensils
- Large closet space
- Dining area inside, a 4 seater glass top table
- A dining area and a BBQ grill are on the balcony
Cozy Bedroom With King Bed
The bedroom enters from the living room. It is a cozy space under the rafters with open white ceiling.
- Modern a/c system
- King size bed
- White parquet floor
- Open dresser and a unique handcrafted wooden storage cabinet/shelves brought in from Bali
- Newly furnished and beautifully decorated
- En-suite bathroom
comes with a shower room including a water basin & vanity, and shower on one side, and a private toilet in a separate small room on the other side. The bathroom is stocked with bath towels and a hair dryer.
Services at The Daffodil
Linens and bath towels are provided. Bring your own beach
Maid service is optional and available on request for a fee.
The French owner couple lives nearby in the same neighborhood and has more budget friendly vacation rentals in Oyster Pond,either in the same complex (The Joy), or located at the Blue Beach residence, which is just across the street from The Daffodil, view the Hibiscus Apartment and the Coconut Apartment.
More about Location
The Daffodil is located on the French side of Oyster Pond in a small privately owned apartment complex of 4 units, named "Pearl One". The complex is fenced/walled-in with private parking and a gate. The area is located on St. Martin / St. Maarten's idyllic East coast, between Dawn Beach, Captain Oliver's Marina and Coralita Beach. Great location between Marina and ocean!
Oyster Pond is the right spot for people who look for a quiet, picturesque neighborhood between the ocean and the Marina, right at the open border between French and Dutch side. The area is dominated by villas and private homes scattered across the gentle hills and slopes. This part of the island is off mainstream. It ensures all serenity you may wish to experience, and is still so close to beautiful beaches, island attractions, restaurants, and all your daily needs. More action and night life can be reached by car at the Westin casino (3 min. drive), the Orient Bay area (10 min.), or Philipsburg (10 min.).
The Daffodil is conveniently located to walk to the nearby Marina, several restaurants in Oyster Pond, and secluded Coralita Beach. The well known landmark of Oyster Pond, Captain Oliver's Restaurant and Marina, is a short walk away and offers a few restaurants and local bars, a grocery store, marina facilities, boat & sailing charters and boat excursions. The ferry for a day trip to famous St. Barth's leaves also from Captain Oliver's.
Distances to places to go in Oyster Pond:
- Captain Oliver's Marina: 200 yards
- Dinghy Dock (hang-out at Captain Oliver's): 200 yards
- L'Oasis (former La Fregate): 200 yards (great family diner)
- BZH Restaurant (delicious French crepes!): 220 yards
- Grocery stores, mini mart, deli: 100-200 yards.
- Coralita Beach: 300 yards
- Mama Pizza: 1/2 mile (delicious pizzas!)
- Dawn Beach & Mr. Busby's Beach Bar: 3 min. by car
- Casino at Westin Resort/Dawn Beach: 5 min. by car
|Start Date||End Date||Weekly Rate ($)||Nightly Rate ($)||Minimum Stay|
|15 Apr 2017||14 Dec 2017||595||85||5+ nights|
|15 Dec 2017||14 Apr 2018||735||105||5+ nights|