Apt. Hibiscus at Blue Beach Residence, Oyster Pond - ID:83
Affordable, very well equipped apartment for 2-4 people at Residence Blue Beach on the French side of Oyster Pond, St. Martin. Only footsteps from Captain Oliver's Marina and 2 minutes from Dawn Beach.
Affordable Getaway for 2-4 people at Residence Blue Beach in Oyster Pond - Fully renovated
The Hibiscus Apartment is located on the French side of Oyster Pond, on the east coast of the island near the open border to Sint Maarten. It is at the "Residence Blue Beach", a residential complex of some 25 privately owned bungalow apartments.
The gated Blue Beach community with its pretty Creole homes is set amidst lush Caribbean gardens, perched on a small hill in the quiet Oyster Pond area next to a nature reserve and only 100 yards from Captain Oliver's Restaurant & Marina. This is a very scenic location between the ocean (Coralita Bay/Baie Lucas) and the picturesque marina and yacht harbor.
Communal facilities at the Blue Beach include a very large swimming pool and sun deck in the center of the complex. The Blue Beach has become popular in the recent years within St. Martin' budget travel community due to the great value for low cost of vacation rentals within this small community.
This picturesque neighborhood on French Oyster Pond, also known as Oyster Bay, is a few hundred yards from secluded Coralita Beach. Popular Dawn Beach with the Westin Resort & Casino is only 3 minutes by car. Oyster Pond restaurants and grocery stores are in walking distance from the Hibiscus.
Private Garden Patio with Dining Area
The Hibiscus caters to any cost-conscious couple or a family with one or two young children looking for a low-key, family-type place to vacation on St. Martin at affordable cost. It is also a great option for snowbirds.
This cozy vacation rental is fully air-conditioned, offers one bedroom, a new bathroom, a living room, an all new kitchen and a lovely garden encircled private patio. Surrounded by lush tropical vegetation, Hibiscus' private terrace was enlarged and covered by a new roof recently.
Private Garden Patio - Features
- New! Patio is now covered by a roof
- Covered dining area with a new dinner table & chairs for 4
- A charcoal BBQ grill
- Sitting area (sofa)
- Garden encircled by lush tropical flowers & trees
- Shutters to secure the apartment
The Hibiscus Apartment is located on the ground floor in the same bungalow as Apartment Coconut, which is on the 2nd floor. The two units can be booked together from the same owner to have an affordable place for 2 couples traveling together but seeking privacy for each. More rentals nearby in Oyster Pond (across the street from the Blue Beach) are for rent from the same owners.
Fully Air-conditioned Inside and Fully Renovated
Travelers to St. Martin on a budget won't have to compromise on comfort at The Hibiscus. This apartment is very well equipped and lovingly decorated. The one-bedroom apartment offers all the amenities of a modern vacation rental. The apartment is on the ground floor and has about 50 m² (540 ft²).
Highlighting Features Inside
- Air-conditioning in living room and bedroom
- Dinner table inside with seating for 4 guests
- Wide screen TV, Satellite TV with French and a few US TV channels
- DVD player on request
- Sitting area with sleeper sofa. approx. Queen size for one or two additional guests (children)
- Fully equipped completely new kitchen and bar counter
- A personal safe
- Lots of closet space
- One bedroom with King sized bed
- All new private bathroom with shower
- Free Wifi and LAN Internet available
The apartment has a completely new kitchen with all basic conveniences to prepare your own breakfast and meals, and dine either inside in the comfort of a/c or outside on the patio.
- Refrigerator with freezer
- Ceramic glasstop 3 burner stove
- A counter top oven
- A microwave
- Coffee maker and toaster
- Glasses, crockery, cutlery etc.
- A few pots/pans and cooking utensils
- NEW Breakfast bar counter with a couple of bar stools
The Bedroom and All New Bathroom
The bedroom with a King sized bed was beautifully re-decorated and renovated last year. The former sliding door opening to the rear garden was replaced by a window with security bars.
- A King size bed
- A large closet and personal safe
- A window overlooking the garden secured by security bars
- An all new private full bathroom
- Bathroom has a hair-dryer, a water bowl, cabinets, a vanity desk, a walk-in shower, and a toilet
Services at The Hibiscus
Linens and bath towels are provided. Bring your own beach
Maid service is optional and available on request for a fee.
The same owners rent out more apartments at low price tag in the same Blue Beach complex and nearby in Oyster Pond. All their rentals are offered at budget friendly low rates making vacationing affordable for singles, couples or families traveling on budget.
Communal Facilities at The Blue Beach Residence
- Free access to the beautiful very large communal pool located in the center of the residence
- The pool affords gorgeous views of Oyster Pond towards the ocean.
- A huge sun deck with lounge chairs surrounds the pool
- Gated and fenced-in complex with secured parking inside gate
- All communal areas are set amidst beautiful lush tropical landscape.
- Blue Beach is a tenants only complex, used by short & long term renters and owners alike
- Secured property - access by personalized badge only!
More about Location
Residence Blue Beach is located on the French side of Oyster Pond. This apartment complex of some 25 bungalows is easy to recognize by their blue roofs. The location is a quiet neighborhood on the East coast of St. Martin between Dawn Beach and Coralita Beach and Captain Oliver's Marina in between.
The Oyster Pond area, also known as Oyster Bay, is the right spot for people who look for a quiet picturesque area between the ocean and the marina, with no crowds and no traffic that you find elsewhere on the island. Yet all the conveniences for tourists are in close proximity: from waterfront fine dining to a pizza place (popular "Mama Pizza"), grocery stores, an art gallery, beauty salon, a casino, boat excursions and water sports.
What's nearby - in walking distance ?
- Several restaurants in Oyster Pond are 100 - 300 yards away
- Captain Oliver's Restaurant & Marina:
100 yards (easy walk on paved road)
Offers a few restaurants & local bars, a grocery store, boutiques, boat charters and excursions. The ferry boat to St. Barth's also leave from Captain Oliver's.
- Grocery stores and a mini mart : 100 - 300 yards
- Coralita Beach: 400 yards
This secluded beach will be perfect for you if you look for a very quiet beach, which is also used for "au natural".
Near Coralita Beach, you'll also find a couple of restaurants and the Oyster Pond Superette.
- Mama Pizza: 1/2 mile (delicious pizzas! Dine-in/take away)
A few minutes away by car
- Dawn Beach & Mr. Busby's Beach Bar: 3
Great beach for swimming and snorkeling. Dawn Beach is a serviced beach with beach chairs and umbrellas. Most popular are the beach facilities at Mr. Busby's Beach Bar, where you get chairs and umbrellas, snorkeling gear, kayaks, boogie boards etc. They also serve great breakfasts as well as ribs, burgers and sandwiches at lunch.
- Casino at Westin Resort on Dawn Beach: 5 min. drive
- Several restaurants on the beach and waterfront at Oyster Pond, Dutch side: 2 - 5 min. drive
Distances to some other areas of the island
- Philipsburg: 15 min by car
The capital of the Dutch side of St. Maarten, excellent for (duty free) shopping, gambling & entertainment (several casinos in town). During daytime: bars and restaurants at the beautiful boardwalk along Great Bay, and activities such as jet skiing or segway on Great Bay
- Orient Beach: 15 min by car, most famous
beach in the Caribbean
Activities include jet ski, sailing, parasailing, diving, snorkeling, horseback riding, excursions and fishing.
- Grand Case: 20 min by car, for fine dining
- Int'l Airport SXM: 30-45 min by car
A car rental is highly recommended. There is no regular public transportation for tourists on the island!
|Start Date||End Date||Weekly Rate ($)||Nightly Rate ($)||Minimum Stay|
|15 Apr 2017||14 Dec 2017||560||80||5+ nights|
|15 Dec 2017||14 Apr 2018||720||103||5+ nights|